From the manufacturer
Benefits of AllFrame Technology
- Reduces frame loss
- Improves video playback
- Optimizes the HDD to thrive in high temperature, always-on, surveillance system environments
Protect your home and business with WD Purple surveillance hard drives
WD Purple surveillance storage is built to handle up to 32 HD cameras per drive and is designed for 24/7, always on, high-definition surveillance security systems that use up to eight hard drives.
- Available in up to 8 TB capacities
- SATA 6 Gb/s interface and 64MB cache
- Optimized with AllFrameTM Technology
- Surveillance 3.5-inch Hard Drive
Engineered for compatibility
WD Purple surveillance hard drives are built for compatibility with industry-leading chassis and chip set manufacturers for seamless integration into your new or existing video surveillance system.
Optimized performance for up to 32 HD cameras
With support for up to 32 high-definition surveillance cameras per hard drive, WD Purple gives you the flexibility to upgrade and expand your security system in the future.
Surveillance storage for peace-of-mind
WD Purple Surveillance hard drives are designed for high temperature, always-on, surveillance security systems to ensure reliability and quality video play back when you need it most.
WD Purple WD Purple NV Ideal for Built for personal, home office or small business DVR surveillance systems. Purpose built storage for NVR Surveillance systems. Cameras supported Up to 32 HD cameras per drive Up to 64 HD cameras per drive Bay Count Support Up to 8 HDD bay surveillance systems Higher than 8 HDD bay surveillance systems Highest Available Capacity 8 TB 6 TB Cache Up to 128MB 64MB Interface SATA 6 Gb/s SATA 6 Gb/s Limited Warranty 3-year 3-year
- High-performance 1.3 GHz dual-core processor for smooth streaming
- 1GB of DDR3 memory to multitask with ease
- Centralized network storage and access from anywhere
- Automatic file synching across all your computers
- Simplified file and folder sharing
- Personalized backup and multiple RAID options
Capacity: 4TB | 8TB
Interface: Gigabit Ethernet
• Windows® 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 or Windows Vista® operating systems
• macOS Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks or Mountain Lion operating systems
• DLNA®/UPnP® devices for streaming
• Router for Internet connection
Compatibility: Supported Browsers
• Internet Explorer® 10 or higher
• Safari® 6 or higher
• Firefox® 30 or higher
• Google Chrome™ 31 or higher on supported Windows and Mac OS platforms
Note: Compatibility may vary depending on user’s hardware configuration and operating system.
Dimensions (L X W X H) : 6.1″ x 3.9″ x 6.75″
Contents: My Cloud EX2 Ultra Device
Quick install guide