From the manufacturer
Which capacity is right for you?
- Entry level: Up-to 1 TB
- Mainstream: 2 TB to 4 TB
- Best upgrade: 5 TB+
Models up to 1 TB can be both 5400-RPM & 7200-RPM Class. Models that are 2 TB and above are 5400-RPM.
Get Storage Capacity Up-To 6 TB
Boost your PC storage with WD Blue drives, the brand designed just for desktop and all-in-one PCs. The WD Blue family now delivers data storage capacities up to 6 TB.
Trust in WD: If you know WD, you know our reliability is legendary. Every WD Blue drive is designed, tested and built to last, and ships with a 2-year limited warranty.
NoTouch Ramp Load Technology: Safely positions the recording head off the disk surface to protect your data.
Data LifeGuard: Advanced algorithms monitor your drive continuously so it stays in optimum health.
IntelliSeek: Calculates optimum seek speeds to lower power consumption, noise and vibration.
Disk Utilities and Migration Tools
Acronis True Image WD Edition can clone drives, backup your operating system, applications, settings and all of your data, while also having the ability to securely wipe any data you no longer need. You can quickly and easily deploy a new hard drive to your PC or laptop and automatically migrate your operating system, applications, and all of your important data, including images, music, and documents.
Plan for the Future
With better technology comes bigger storage needs. Digital cameras that record ultra-high definition video at 4K resolution and 30 frames per second require a ton of storage. Handling all that media is a snap with our 6 TB drive.
- Hard Drive: 1 TB mechanical_hard_drive
- Other Technical Details
- Brand Name: WD
- Hardware Platform: laptop internal
- Item Weight: 3.2 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 4 x 2.8 x 0.3 inches
- Item Dimensions: L x W x H 3.95 x 2.75 x 0.27 inches
- Hard Drive Interface: Serial ATA-600
- Hard Drive Rotational Speed: 5400 RPM
- Spindle speed 5400 RPM
- Seagate’s highest capacity thin, 7mm, laptop drives at 1TB
- Light in weight to support portable computers
- Standard SATA 6Gb/s interface for easy integration into existing mobile/laptop designs